Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Day 9 in a sugar addict's diet

I discovered that I cannot live without chocolate.   I also discovered that Ideal Protein has a dark chocolate pudding that has no refined sugars.  Guess what I had for dessert last night?

I actually did very well on Day 9.  I did not crave the sugar and I felt balanced all day.  The vegetables and lean proteins are enough to fill me and I am not left with that "Is that all?!" feeling.  I am getting enough complex carbs to keep me from crashing and becoming fuzzy-brained.  My energy levels have begun to rise to normal; in fact, I was able to teach a kick-butt cycle class without feeling like I was going to bonk by the end of class.

Part of it is because I am being much more conscious about what I am eating.  I am being mindful of my food and not working through meals like I am prone to do.  I am more focused on how I feel and less on how I look.  As a result, food is more enjoyable and I do not crave the "comfort" foods I practically lived on.  It is a great feeling.

Day 10 is looking very positive.

No comments:

Post a Comment