Thursday, June 14, 2012

Day 3 in a sugar addict's diet

Day 3 and I am really feeling the withdrawals from sugar.  My head hurts, my mood is off (Ok, I am trying REALLY hard not to be a bitch), and I am feeling sluggish in both body and mind.  I just want to eat.  So far, I have been able to keep to the protocol (mostly) and have avoided starches and all simple sugars, but this really sucks.  I have heard how sugar runs the same neural pathways as cocaine and heroine; I believe it.  I am going to have to do some research on that and find out just what is going on inside my body on a chemical level...

*sigh*  Day 4.  I have only one client today, but I teach three classes.  And I still need to finish calling leads for Mary Kay and do homework for one of my classes and take the 6th-grader to his graduation.  I am not going to make it...  Oooof. 

I wonder how long before I actually feel good without simple sugars and no longer crave them?

No comments:

Post a Comment