Sunday, June 17, 2012

Day 6 in a sugar addict's diet

Day 6 was not so good.   I was just starting to feel better, but I was hungry at lunchtime, we were out, and I had a burger and fries.  Even though I peeled off most of the bun and shared the fries, I still added starches into the diet for that one meal.  Ugh.  Now I am going to have to start all over again.

On a plus side, I took the children to Cold Stone.  I absolutely love ice cream on a hot day; however, I managed to not have any, not even a bite.  In fact, I did not even want it.  I am very proud of that!  That means I am starting to get some control over the sweet tooth!

Did you know that even if your body thinks it is going to get sweets, it will release a chemical from the brain, orexin, that will tell the muscles to use the sugars in the bloodstream.  However, when no sugar comes, the body does not know what to do, so it starts to seek sugar.  This is when you start to crave to eat and start to lose your will power to say no.  Interesting...

Day 7 should be better.  I am no longer craving sugars, and the children are going to be with their father for the day.  I am surrounded by vegetables.  I am ready to roll! 

No comments:

Post a Comment