Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Day 8 in a sugar addict's diet

As you can see, I totally skipped Day 7.  As far as I am concerned, days 7 and 8 did not even happen.  Giving up refined sugars and starches is virtually impossible.  Everywhere you go, desserts, french fries, bread, and hot chocolate are staring you in the face, and they are moanfully whimpering, "Why don't you love me anymore?"

I have managed to distract myself from the chocolate and cookies at night.  Thankfully, I have schoolwork and an upcoming talk at work to keep my hands busy.  However, I have always been a snacker when reading or researching, so it is not an easy task.  The trick that has worked so far?  Water.  Drinking lots and lots of water.

One thing I have noticed, though, is my spending has gone down.  I am bringing my lunch since it is much easier to keep track of ingredients, and I am eating all the vegetables the farm is bringing me since I hate to waste food.  This, plus the fact that I am not buying a lot of processed foods or desserts, is keeping my food bill lower than I expected.  Hmmm....  I think I see another talk coming on...

My spirits are much better now.  I have worked through the withdrawals from the sugars; however, I am not completely through the woods, yet.  I still find it hard to resist starches, and that sweet tooth makes itself known in the evenings, but I am feeling more energetic and optimistic than I did two days ago.

On to Day 9!

No comments:

Post a Comment