Thursday, June 21, 2012

Day 10 in a sugar addict's diet

Day 10 was reassessment day.  I was a bit nervous since my diet was not exactly devoid of all starches (darn french fries!), and I did not completely follow the protocol.  However, my numbers were not so bad.  I dropped 4 pounds, which translates to approximately 2 pounds per week.  Very healthy.  I dropped 1.2% body fat--awesome!  I am getting closer to my goal of being athletic again.  I lost .75" at the waist, which is acceptable.  I lost 1.25" at the hips, which is awesome. 

My waist is still above the recommended 30" for heart health.  Since there is a history of heart disease in my family, I really need to drop those last 2" or so.  I think now that I am no longer craving the refined sugars and simple carbs, I should be fine with my nutrition.  It is said to take 21 days to break the bad habit and 21 days to start a good one; I have 11 more days of breaking the sugar habit...I can do it!

 Also, since the coop farm I joined is bringing me a ton of healthy, organic vegetables, I am finding I am eating foods I would not have bought myself in the store.  I actually got a pan squash yesterday and had to post it on Facebook with the caption, "What is this and how do I cook it?".  Several of my friends gave me healthy ideas, so that will be tonight's veggie.

Now, to get enough sleep.  The body holds onto visceral fat when you are sleep-deprived, so I really need to start focusing on getting more than just 5 hours every night.  Studies have shown that just switching to 7 hours of sleep helps drop body fat, so that is my next goal.  It is difficult with a full-time job, a part-time job, 4 children, and full-time school, but it can be done with a bit of organization.

Day 11 starts now.

No comments:

Post a Comment